*This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn commissions.*
I’ve been wanting to show you this mini album I’ve scrapbooked a few months ago for my son’s Pre Nursery (3-year-old kids) class project.
For his third term at the school, the theme was about Animals. Parents were given a home assignment to create a book together with the child.
We were given a few options to choose from:
- To show pictures of animals and name their body parts.
- To categorize the animals into Pets, Farm Animals or Wild Animals.
- To show the animals and their related sounds (I wonder how we can do this into a book form).
- To create an animal alphabet book.
With my little boy’s great interest for the alphabet, the last one was the natural choice.
To help me to scrapbook the animal alphabet book, I searched on the web for appropriate animal pictures and that’s when I found the Alphabetimals! I liked them on Facebook so I could print out the Uppercase Flash Card to use in our home assignment.
How to Create the Animal Alphabet Mini Scrapbook
- Gather two designs of coordinating 12″x12″ double-sided patterned paper.
- Fold down each piece of patterned paper into half and cut across the fold at the top. Now the 12″x12″ paper will become two pieces of 6″x12″.
- Fold each 6″x12″ paper lengthwise into half.
- Repeat step 2-3 to create as many pages as you require.
- Put together the cut and folded patterned paper sheets, alternating between the two different patterned paper.
- Cut out all the animal pictures and their corresponding names from the printed out Uppercase Flash Card sheets.
- Adhere each Alphabetimal and its name to each page.
- Cut out a piece of cardstock into 6″x12″, fold it lengthwise into half to make it the cover page for the mini album.
- Design the cover page to your liking.
- To hold all pages together, punch two holes along the spine of the mini album. Open up to the center pages of the mini album, thread the two ends of a piece of white organza ribbon through the holes and then tie a ribbon bow along the spine of the book.
My son used this animal alphabet book to do a little Show and Tell at his class. Since his school year ended in mid-November, this book has been returned to us.
Mischievous Monkeys by Reminisce; Varsity Argyle 2-sided paper by scrapbook walls; Chalet Argyle 2-sided paper by scrapbook walls