*This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn commissions.*
As beginners, you’ll need lots of ideas for scrapbooking pages. As your mind draws a blank, how are you supposed to come up with scrapable ideas for your pages?
Well, I used to be in your shoes too when I was starting out. I also used to think that I don’t have ideas on topics that I could scrapbook about, and I wasn’t sure what I can include in my layouts.
You can rest assured that there are plentiful of ideas you can use in your pages! It’s more of a matter of what you’ll like to scrapbook about.
To kick start your thinking cap, on this page I’ve listed three lists of scrapbook ideas you can use in your pages:
- List of popular themes.
- List of favorites, interests, hobbies or special occasions.
- List of Ideas from mementos you’ve carefully saved up over the years.
Here’s some common themes that scrapbookers like to include in their albums. You can pick up an idea here and try scrapping on it.
Favorites/ Interests/ Hobbies/ Special Occasions
This list of ideas for scrapbooking pages is in no way all-inclusive. It’s meant to be your bouncing pad to better ideas:
So on and so forth.
So you see, it’s really up to your own imagination. You may have very different hobbies and experiences from others. Capitalize on your uniqueness and turn it into unusual ideas for your scrapbooking pages.
Dig Out Those Mementos
Besides photos, what other stuff are great ideas for scrapbooking pages? Again, it’s one long list!
The following list is not all-inclusive, it cannot be. But it’ll move you in the right direction for a start:
- Greeting cards from family, friends, acquaintances.
- Letters, notes, postcards you’ve exchanged with others.
- Invitation cards and thank-you notes.
- Postmarked envelopes.
- Party favors or napkins.
- Pressed flowers, buttons, stickers, coins.
- Wrapping, ribbons or tags from gifts and clothing articles.
- Printed materials like maps from vacations, travel itineraries, menus from restaurants, colorful brochures from companies or stores.
- Copies of identifications including social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate.
- Award certificates, certificates of achievements, letters of recognition, testimonies, photocopies of plaques.
- Newspapers clippings about family members or activities.
- Recipes that you’re famous for. Or your favorite recipes or those you shared with your friends.
- Packaging from your favorite stuff like CDs, perfumes, aromatherapy oils, chocolate wrappers.
- Labels from jars, wine, boxes of ingredients.
- Ticket stubs from concerts, sporting event, performances, gala dinners, movies, live performances, seminars, workshops or airlines you’ve taken together.
- Biographical information.
- Quotes or autographs from your favorite authors, chefs, celebrities, speakers.
- A list of family, friends, child, personal milestones and achievements.
- Business cards or hotel stationery.
- Articles cut out from newspapers, brochures, magazines.
- Drawings, diagrams or sketches
- Photocopies of official documents like college records, marriage licenses, religious confirmations.
- Lock of hair or fur.
- Stories or anecdotes of personalities or successes, failures, embarrassing/funny moments, curious habits.
- Posters or even book jackets.
- Program sheets from events.
- Tips and techniques from experts.
- Reviews of movies, theatres, concerts.
- Copies of your own fan letters and the responses you received.
- Publicity materials from performing arts centre, workshop organizers, theatre groups.
- Guest book of salutations from participants.
- Meaningful or special quotes, song lyrics or poems that remind you of that person, occasion or moment.
To save space, you don’t have to use whole letter, brochure or magazine article. Simply cut out those portions that matter most to you.
Remember to throw in anecdotes and little stories. These are the things that add incredible flavor and really spice up your scrapbook.
More Ideas for Scrapbooking Pages
OK, did I hear that you want more free ideas for scrapbooking? Here you go:
- Baby’s Firsts Scrapbooking Ideas
- Baby Scrapbooking Ideas
- 7 Special Babies Scrapbook Ideas
- Christmas Scrapbooking Ideas
- Disney Scrapbooking Ideas
- Creative Lettering Ideas
- 9 Free Scrapbooking Ideas.
- Family Scrapbooking Ideas
- Friendship Scrapbooking Ideas 1
- Friendship Scrapbooking Ideas 2
- Grown-Up Scrapbooking Ideas
- Heritage Scrapbooking Ideas
- Pet Scrapbooking Ideas
- Popular Scrapbooking Ideas
- Romantic Scrapbooking Ideas
- Wedding Scrapbooking Ideas
- Scrapbooking Card Ideas